Do you have a void in your wood that needs filling? Epoxy is a great material for filling voids. It’s strong, durable, and water-resistant. It has an easy application process. But which is the best epoxy for filling voids in wood? There are many different brands on the market so it can be hard to decide which one to buy. Luckily I’ve done the research for you!
In this article, I’ll review 5 of the best epoxies on the market today. These 2 epoxy are affordable, budget friendly & quality products. It will be your ultimate guideline because we will discuss every product’s technical specifications, key features etc. So, let’s get started one by one.
How did we choose epoxy from the market?
You’ve been looking for the best epoxy to use on your project, but you don’t know what to buy? We did some research and found two products that we think are worth considering. We spent 12 hours researching these two products and have written a review of each one.
After reading our reviews, we hope you find it easier to make a decision about which product is right for you. If not, feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns!
5 best epoxy for filling voids in wood in 2022
If you are a good wood designer then you must be familiar with the “epoxy” word. Epoxy is also used to make a variety of designs, as well as to fill wood floss. With this in mind, we have found the best epoxies for filling voids in wood. Let’s see which epoxy is suitable according to your budget and type of work.
#1 J-B Weld KwikWood Wood Repair Epoxy
The first epoxy I will talk about is J-B Wood Repair Epoxy.This Epoxy is 3.5 inch and color is Tan. It is the ultimate wood repair epoxy putty stick for repairing holes and cracks in the wood. This high-quality epoxy putty stick bonds two surfaces together with a strong adhesive.
It is waterproof, weatherproof, and heat resistant. It can be used to repair or seal cracks on furniture, doors, fences, decks and more! So, what are you waiting for? Let’s buy this epoxy today!!
- Brand: J-B Weld
- Color: Tan
- Full Cure Time: 1 Hours
- Dimension: 4 x 2 x 8 inches
- Weight: 0.317 ounces
- Cure and set time: J-B Wood Repair Epoxy is a two part epoxy, which means that it cures (hardens) when mixed together. It has a 1 to 1 ratio of resin to hardener. Mix equal parts of the resin and hardener in a disposable container. The mixture will begin to thicken after about 5 minutes. Once the epoxy becomes thick enough that it won’t drip from your mixing stick. You can apply it to your project.
- Applications: This product can be used for repairing cracks or holes in wood surfaces such as furniture, decks, fences. You can use this product on exterior or interior projects because it’s water resistant when cured.
- Do it yourself & Durability: When using this product for wood repair projects, you should allow 24 hours before applying finish coats. The epoxy has time to cure properly and achieve maximum strength and durability.
- Easy to use
- Perfect for any wood work
If this epoxy becomes hard somehow, then it is a little tough to remove.
#2 Woody Wood Repair Epoxy Paste
The second product I will talk about is Woody Wood Repair Epoxy Paste. Do you have a favorite piece of furniture that has seen better days? If so, we’ve got the perfect solution for you. Woody Wood Repair Epoxy Paste is an easy-to-use product that can fix cracks and chips in wood or plastic items. It dries quickly and leaves no residue behind – just like new!
This product will not only repair your beloved piece of furniture but also make it look as good as new! You won’t regret giving this a try. We guarantee it will be worth every penny spent on it. If you don’t love the results, we’ll refund your purchase 100%. No questions asked.
- Brand: PC Products
- Color: Tan
- Item volume: 12 Fluid Ounces
- Dimension: 2.75 x 2.75 x 5.75 inches
- Weight: 0.317 ounces
- Wood Repair Filler: Woody Wood Epoxy Paste is a two-component epoxy wood filler that can be used to repair and fill holes in all types of wood. It has the ability to fill deep holes and cracks better than other epoxies on the market.
- Durability: The durability of this product is great because it will not shrink or crack over time like some other products on the market. It also has great adhesion properties which means that it will stick well to your project when cured. This makes for an extremely durable finish once dried.
- Compatibility: Works best with woods such as oak, ash, mahogany, maple, and more! It can also be used on metal surfaces as well as glass and ceramic materials! Some finishes may need additional sanding depending on how thick you apply the epoxy paste.
- Easy to use
- Quality material
- Work time: 30 to 40 mins
- Excellent resistance
- High “wet grab”
- This epoxy can’t make bonds on wax paper.
#3 MAX TPC A/B Epoxy Void Filler
MAX TPC A/B is a two-part epoxy patching compound that can be used to fill voids, repair cracks in concrete, boat hulls, wood rot, and automotive body surfaces. The compound is machine and sandable, making it easy to get a smooth finish. MAX TPC A/B is also a great surface filler.
This helps to create a smooth surface and prevents air bubbles from forming in the epoxy. Max TPC Epoxy Void Filler is a two-part epoxy that cures quickly and can be sanded and painted. It is available in black, white, and gray to match any surface.
- Brand Name: The Epoxy Experts, MAX EPOXY SYSTEMS
- Color: White
- Indentation Hardness: 75.00
- Item Volume 48.00 fluid_ounces
- Item Weight: 4.00 pounds
- Size: 48 Ounce Kit Combined Volume
- Chemical Resistant: If you’re looking for an epoxy void filler that’s both chemical- and heat-resistant, look no further than Max TPC A/B. This epoxy is formulated to withstand even the harshest chemicals, making it ideal for use in industrial applications. It also doesn’t meltdown after use, making it a great choice for filling gaps in high-heat environments.
- Durable: Max TPC A/B Epoxy Void Filler is durable. this is the reason it doesn’t get off or meltdown after use. The filler has a high tensile and shear strength that helps it to hold up against regular wear and tear. Additionally, the epoxy doesn’t expand or contract with changes in temperature, so it can be used in a variety of climates.
- High Compressive Strength: Epoxy void filler Max TPC A/B is capable of withstanding high compressive loads. Independent testing has shown that the product can support up to 2,000 pounds per square inch (psi) before failure. This makes it an ideal solution for filling large gaps and repairing structural damage.
- The 48 fl. oz container is enough to cover a large area.
- can be used on a variety of surfaces.
- watertight bond.
- easy to get a smooth finish.
- Not removable.
#4 Super Cast 1.5 Gallon Epoxy Kit for filling voids in wood
If you are looking for a high-quality epoxy kit to fill in wood, then the Super Cast Epoxy Kit is perfect for you. This kit comes with everything you need to get the job done right, including two different types of epoxy, hardener, and a variety of sandpaper.
The Super Cast 1.5 gallon epoxy kit is perfect for DIY epoxy resin projects! This kit can be used for woodworking, river tables, and filling large voids up to 2 inches thick. The deep pour epoxy is clear and colorable, making it easy to create a custom look for your project.
- Compatible Material: Stone and wood.
- Color: Clear.
- Brand: Stone Coat Countertops.
- Package Information: Bottle.
- Item Volume: 5678.12 Milliliters
- Easy to use: If you are looking for an epoxy that is easy to use and can fill large voids, then the Super Cast Epoxy Kit from Stone Coat Countertop is the perfect option. This thick pour epoxy is ideal for a variety of projects, including woodwork. It can be used to fill voids up to 2 inches thick, making it a great choice for larger projects.
- Safe and UV Resistant: Cast epoxy is a two-part resin system that, when mixed together, cures to form a hard, durable surface. It can be used to create countertops, tabletops, bar tops, and more. Super Cast is a high-quality epoxy kit that is safe for use in the home and is UV resistant.
- Durable and Made to Last: If you’re in the market for an epoxy resin kit that is both durable and made to last, Stone Coat Countertops has just what you need! Our epoxy resin kits are renewable and designed to withstand everyday use, making them the perfect choice for any project. Plus, our epoxy is heat-resistant and scratch-resistant, so you can be sure your finished project will look great for years to come.
- great for both beginners and experienced.
- resin is non-toxic.
- safe for both indoor and outdoor.
- epoxy cures quickly.
- price is a little high.
#5 Water-Based Wood & Grain Filler – Walnut – 8 oz by Goodfilla
Woodworkers know that filling and patching wood is a common task, but it’s not always easy to find the right product. That’s why Goodfilla created a water-based wood and grain filler that can be used on all types of wood, including oak, pine, cedar, and walnut. This filler is paintable, stainable, sandable, and quick drying.
If you’re looking for a high-quality wood filler that can be used on both bare and finished wood, Goodfilla’s water-based wood and grain filler is a great option. It’s available in a variety of colors, including walnut, and can be painted, stained, or sanded once it dries. Best of all, it dries quickly so you can get started on your project right away.
- Brand: Goodfilla.
- Color: Walnut.
- Package Information: Bottle.
- Item Volume: 1 Gallon
- water-based wood filler: Goodfilla is a water-based wood filler that is easy to use and perfect for your everyday DIYer. It is designed for professional woodworkers, but the everyday DIYer will appreciate the ease of use and how it perfectly fills any hole or crack. Goodfilla dries quickly and doesn’t shrink, so it is the perfect filler for any project.
- Green Product: Goodfilla is a new, green product that is non-toxic, has zero VOCs, and is non-flammable. It is also environmentally friendly because it produces no waste. Goodfilla can be used to fill holes and cracks in walls, floors, and ceilings. It dries quickly and can be painted over immediately.
- Easy to spread: Goodfilla is a wood filler made of natural ingredients like sawdust and resin. It is easy to spread, easy to sand, and will not blind the grain. Goodfilla can be used to fill in cracks and holes in wood or to build up areas that are too thin. It dries hard and is paintable.
- This high-quality filler is stainable.
- done quickly and easily.
- excellent choice for filling in small cracks.
- can be used on both vertical and horizontal surfaces.
- It can be challenging to estimate how much water to use.
Buying Guide – The things You should Consider
If you want to buy a good quality epoxy then you should consider the following. Let’s have a look.
#1 Epoxy filling material for wood
Most of us know that epoxy is a very strong and durable resin. So before choosing an epoxy, ensure that the one you are about to choose can be used on wood as well. Few epoxies do not work on wood because they do not get mixed properly with the wood fibers.
#2 Quality of epoxy resin
The quality may vary from one brand to the other. So you should choose the best epoxy that is readily available in the market. The best epoxies for wood are normally the ones with a high level of resin solids, along with other resins like Dicyandiamide.
#3 Epoxy color
The best epoxies for wood are normally the ones that are clear in color and are not grainy. Though there are epoxies for wood in the form of chipboard as well that come with a color, they are not suited for use in excess. So buy a good and clear epoxy resin that can be easily mixed with the wood fibers.
#4 Hardener of epoxy resin
The best epoxies for wood normally come with a hardener like MEKP that is very effective in curing the epoxy resin. So before finalizing the epoxy material, make sure it has a hardener that will not prove harmful to the wood fibers.
#5 The cost
It is obvious that the best epoxy for wood is not a cheap material. So before finalizing the product, make sure you choose a product that is cost effective as well.
Epoxy is the best way to fill those pesky gaps and cracks. It’s strong, durable, and water resistant. You can use it on any type of wood surface – even if it’s already been painted or stained. There are so many different colors available, you can match the color of your project perfectly. So, I hope you have already got a epoxy from my list.
So, guys, if you have more questions about our best epoxy for filling voids in wood then know us by leaving a comment. Thanks for your attention.